Sunday, September 17, 2017

KNOW THYSELF....2017

Communication break-down can occur at any time and in many different settings.  There's Group Project Anxiety: everyone has great ideas at discussion meetings, but you feel like the only one with a sense of urgency to get any actual work done.  There's Discussion Frustration:  whenever you engage in a discussion with your group, you feel as if your thoughts and ideas are not valued or brushed aside with no regard to your feelings.  And finally, there is just sheer information overload: why is it that after a full day of school, you feel completely zapped of energy, consumed by an overwhelming need to be where people are not?

We all realize that we are social creatures.  We seek out and thrive within interpersonal relationships. We long to be heard and appreciated, to create and explore.  This is probably not new information.  Rewarding as they may be, however, relationships of every type are complex and not without their
difficulties.  People are different.  Where we come from, our experiences, our beliefs, and our DNA all go into who we are, how we see and interpret the world, and how we communicate.

Many corporations have invested large sums of money on consultants with one goal in mind:  to improve inter-office communication and efficiency.  Where do you begin?  The communicators, themselves!  Knowing who you are helps you to better understand how and why you communicate the way that you do.  Knowing who your co-workers are can help you better understand how to communicate with them more effectively and efficiently.

So, as Aristotle taught centuries ago, we will begin by seeking the wisdom that comes from knowing ourselves.  Here is a link to a personality inventory:  http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test  Once you complete the test, you can have your results emailed to yourself and you can read all about your personality type: how you relate to others, how others see you, how you work, etc.

The test takes about 20 minutes, but it provides a wealth of information as it analyzes four distinct areas of personality and then adds a fifth area that analyzes overall identity.  It is created from a combination of the infamous Myers/Briggs and Carl Jung's Theory of Psychological Types.  The four areas are explained as follows:

1.  Introversion vs Extroversion: (I vs. E) This is more than just "shy" vs. "outgoing."  In fact, according to Jung, it is really not about that at all.  It has to do more with where you get your energy.  Do you find yourself getting energized when you are around others, or do you find that you need to be away from people to re-energize?
2.  Intuitive vs. Sensing: (N vs. S) Intuitives are creative, imaginative and curious individuals who are open-minded.  They tend to go with novelty over stability and see/feel possibilities.  They tend to have strong discernment in new situations.  Sensing or Observant individuals are practical, pragmatic and down to earth.  They tend to have strong habits and rather than going with their gut, they are more focused on what has happened or what is happening.


3.  Feeling vs. Thinking: (F vs. T) Feeling individuals are sensitive and emotionally expressive.  They are more empathetic and tend to be less competitive than T's.  They tend to focus on social harmony and cooperation.   Thinkers focus on objectivity and rationality, prioritizing logic over emotion.  They tend to hide their feelings and value efficiency over cooperation.


4.  Judging vs. Perceiving or Prospecting: (J vs. P)  Judging personalities are decisive, thorough and highly organized.  They value clarity, predictability and closure preferring structure and planning to spontaneity.  Perceiving individuals are good at improvising and spotting opportunities.  They are flexible, relaxed, non-conformists who prefer to keep their options open.

Identity Variables of Assertive vs. Turbulent: (A vs. T)  Assertive types are confident, self-assured and pretty resistant to stress.  They do not push themselves too hard.  The turbulent types are self-conscious and sensitive to stress.  They are perfectionistic types who experience a wide array of emotions.

So, test away, and then....
1.  IDENTIFY YOUR FOUR LETTER PERSONALITY, then put a dash, and A OR T.
2.  COMMENT ON ANY SURPRISES OR EXPECTATIONS.
3.  NOW, as a BONUS, click this link, and find out if you are more left or right brained, and let me know your results!  https://www.arealme.com/left-right-brain/en/

 For example:  I am an INFJ - T.   This was absolutely no surprise to me, but a big surprise to those who know me, as I come across as an extrovert (SO not true!)   I think this is because I am a people pleaser, a trait I am working hard on to mellow.  I am also a J, but BARELY.  I need to feel organized in my environment, but DO NOT open any drawers!  They show my true, right-brained, messy creativity!  Now, it's your turn!

88 comments:

  1. I got ENFJ-T

    I felt that this was pretty accurate. That is because of my last trait that I was given. My last trait was about not being able stay committed to what I was doing or make a decision. I think that is pretty accurate because I do struggle with that. Additionally, I don't know how accurate the test was because the percentages of "what of the two traits you are", the percentages were way to close to one another.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This seems accurate to me, too! Were you more right or left brained? I am curious to see what you find out!

      Delete
    2. Yes, left brain! i TOOK THE COURSE BUT I FORGOT to post it

      Delete
  2. I am INFJ-T
    I was surprised to learn that less than 1% of the world is the INFJ personality type. Being an introvert was not a surprise, as I'd rather stay home and watch a movie than go to a party. N was also not a surprise as I am used to coming up with creative ideas for projects, like my personal project where I wrote my own play. F was a bit of a surprise as I think of myself as a very logical person rather than a very emotional one, plus I seem to be very competitive, although that has diminished slightly over the years. J was not a surprise because I pride myself on my organization skills, my backpack is always very clean and I always know where everything is in my room. T is also not a surprise because I can become stressed very quickly, but over time I've learned to recognize when I'm stressed and what I need to do to keep it at bay. Surprisingly I am left right balanced, which means I'm 50% left and 50% right brain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are personality type twins! (Brandon Brown is also an INFJ)
      Kudos to you for being balanced!!

      Delete
  3. My personality type was ESTJ-T or "The Executive." I really wasn't at all surprised with getting this personality type because I do stick to order and rules to guide me through life choices, I need that sort of control over a situation to be contempt. However just because I may have a seemingly "strict" personally type does not mean I am stuck-up or unkind, it means that flourish in difficult paths life has, I organize my priorities, and I know the rights and wrongs of a decision. I depend on my analytical, order, understanding traits I have so when I took the bonus quiz for what side my brain is more inclined too, it's no surprise I am more inclined (60%) to use the left side of my brain more than the right. The left side of the brain is the more logical, analytical, and needs order side, all these left-brain traits tie into who I am as a person. I have creativity however I only use it when I need it, like in art projects I do in class and at home. I don't really tie my emotions to anything, at least I try not too, I depend more on the facts or the evidence a decision brings. Therefore I only use the more creative go-with-the-flow right side of the brain 40% of the time and only to things that require imagination or creativity. Other than that I stick to the facts, order, control, ability to thrive in difficult paths, even more so. I'm an executive and I am proud to have that personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I know of you so far, this really does make sense! :)

      Delete
  4. The personality type I got was ISFJ-A aka 'The Defender'. I was a little confused by the term defender because I'm more of a person who stays in the background and doesn't crave attention. When I read the individual traits though I found that they were really accurate. According to the test I am a sensitive person but I always thought of myself as someone who has their guard up and doesn't let things get to me. It did say that I was more of an introverted person which is accurate because I don't start conversations with new people and I usually wait for people to come to me and start conversations with me. I don't usually stand up against authoritative figures or people who go against me, unless it really ticks me off which doesn't happen often because I don't let things get to me. I was very excited to find out that another defender out there is Beyonce, which makes me proud :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria, what did you discover as to which side of the brain is dominant for you? Are you a more left or right brain thinker?

      Delete
  5. I got INFJ, which isn't a surprise to me. Last year I took this test 6 times over the course of the year. After taking it again, I got the same thing. As I read the stuff about the personality, I realized how true it was. Then to know it was less than 1%? Amazing to feel that unique for a moment. Turns out, I'm 52% left-brain and 48% right-brain. Which really also doesn't surprise me. I love the arts, but I also love problem solving using math!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got INFJ-T "the advocate", which was a surprise to me as it was a different result then I had before. However after reading it there were some parts that seemed spot on, especially the part about making your dreams a reality and being a tad idealistic. I was also surprised at some of the famous people that had the same personality type, especially since this personality type is on of the rarest. I took the second test and learned I am Right Brain Inclined, which isn't surprising to me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the fourth year in a row I got ISTJ-A. I expected nothing else to be honest. I noticed that my percentages went up favoring each letter a bit more than last year. I took the left/right brain test and I got 86% left brain and 14% right brain. Also not a surprise to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. After taking the personality test, I found out that my personality type is virtuoso, ISTP-T. I was not surprised to find out that it had me as introverted, because I do think that I am more of an introvert than an extrovert. It said I was more observant, which I agree with, and that I think more than feel, which I do agree with. It said that I do not judge as more as I prospect, which I was surprised by, because at times I feel as though I judge many people even though I know I shouldn't. Finally, it said I am more turbulent than assertive, which I agree with, because I do not like having to boss people around. My results for the left or right brained test was right brained. I was surprised that I was considered more creative than anything, because I do not think of myself as a creative type. Overall, I pretty much agree with all of my results.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was so surprising to me! I think I might have did the test wrong haha. Last time I got ENFP-T, but this time I got INFP-T. How did I go from extrovert to introvert?? Reading the my results it really makes sense but I always thought I was an extrovert. I love going out, and making new friends and I'm always talking a mile a minute when I'm done, but then again I do love to think a lot about the world and take time to reflect. I often find myself day-dreaming and whenever someone complains about another I try to reason with them and try to help others to give the benefit of the doubt. I also know that I stand my ground when it comes to my beliefs and that sometimes gets me in trouble and causes me to be isolated. Also I found this interesting "Mediators’ ability with language doesn’t stop with their native tongue, either – as with most people who share the Diplomat personality types, they are considered gifted when it comes to learning a second (or third!) language. Their gift for communication also lends itself well to Mediators’ desire for harmony, a recurring theme with Diplomats, and helps them to move forward as they find their calling." WHAA?? My mom is always telling me that i'm so good with languages but i'm always telling her "psh nooo." but what if I am???
    And one quote I can't stop reading that makes me feel good "Luckily, like the flowers in spring, Mediator’s affection, creativity, altruism and idealism will always come back, rewarding them and those they love perhaps not with logic and utility, but with a world view that inspires compassion, kindness and beauty wherever they go."
    YAAAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got ENFP-A.

    This didn't really come as MUCH of a surprise to me, just because I already know I am a pretty extroverted person. Sure, there are times when EVERYONE needs some alone time, but for the most part, I absolutely love going out and having fun with people, being around people, and just doing things with people and having a good time. Regardless if it's just meeting a friend for coffee, or going to an event or party, I just love to go out and socialize. I agree with the fact that I am much more assertive and I like to take charge and do things. Interesting Fact: As I went and read about my personality type, I went down to where it displayed popular people that share my personality. Believe it or not, one of my favorite characters, Michael Scott from the tv series "The Office," (my absolute favorite show of all time) shares the same personality, which I thought was a pretty awesome coincidence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! What side of your brain is more dominant for you?

      Delete
    2. After taking the Left/Right Brain quiz, I discovered that I am more right brained than left brained, 60% being right brained, and 40% being left brained. This didn't come as a surprise to me either, because left brained people tend to be more fond of math, which I absolutely despise.

      Delete
  11. ENFJ-T.
    These results were not necessarily something shocking to me simply because for a majority of my qualities, their existence has been brought to my attention by other people. One of the most astonishing statements presented on the site was "I’m a Slow Walker, but I Never Walk Back". This was specifically relating back to relationships but in reality, this can be applied to almost everything. I tend to be the person who takes things little by little and within that, I give people or concepts the chance to impact me in some manner. This can include me hearing out their ideas, opinions, thoughts and just about anything. However, if after (most of the time) fully analyzing the implications of those circumstances, if i don't agree with it, I simply leave it behind. With that said, the fact that I "walk slow" give "it" the chance to prove itself wrong in a way. In addition, I am a right brained individual based on the test which linked me to emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got ISFJ-T! I was not expecting to be an ISFJ because the last two times I have taken this test over the past two years, I was an INFJ. Thinking about it, this change makes a lot of sense considering how I have changed as a person in a year. From Sophomore to Junior year, I have developed more habits and become more organized which made me an ISFJ instead. I still believe that I have some traits of an intuitive person, such as I’m open-minded and curious. However, my love for being organized and focused has made sensing my more dominant personality trait.
    The part that truly stood out to me was when the website described Defenders as “often meticulous to the point of perfectionism”. That statement alone pretty much sums me up. I’m such a perfectionist that I’m currently typing this out on a google doc before commenting it! I guess it’s a blessing and a curse...

    I am 63% left brained and 37% right brained. I expected to be more left brained than right brained because I love organization, analyzation and watching TEDtalks and videos on film analysis on my freetime. However, I am still somewhat in touch with my right brain because I love to draw and paint.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The first time that I took the test, I got INTP-T, which was really surprising, and skimming through the description I don't exactly feel like I'm as calculated as they seem to be. So, I took it again, and got INFP-T, which was what I had expected to get (it's the same result that I get whenever I take this test). However, for a lot of people, I feel like I come off as extroverted, but in reality, I'm just loud. One thing that really resonated with me when reading the strengths and weaknesses section is that INFPs tend to take things too personally, which I can definitely vouch for. The fact that Meditators tend to idealize things to a fault also comes as no surprise to me; I tend to look at things as how they could be in the future, not as they are in the present. As for the left-right brain test, I got a balanced 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm an INFP-T! I honestly wasn't too surprised for a could of reasons: 1. I have taken the test before and got something VERY similar, although that was over a year ago, and 2. Having a previous knowledge of the descriptions and after re-reading about the personality type it really fit the kind of person I am. Of course it's hard for something to be 100% perfect but all the major points were fairly spot on. I feel like I answered the questions very generally speaking because when I am with very close friends I have that side of me that can be much more extroverted, but I'm definitely an introvert in either new or uncomfortable situations. On top of this, I am a very imaginative person and make a lot of decisions based on emotion. I'm also the kind of person who wants to help others before myself and tries my hardest to make other people happy, and I am definitely a great listener although I don't like talking about myself. When people turn me or my ideas down, I shut down a lot myself and take things very personally, even when I know I shouldn't. I try really hard to see the best in people because I want to have hope for the world and everyone I meet, so when I see people hurting my friends or targeting another, I get really disappointed. I know there are bad people in the world, but I guess I just have more hopeful standards for my peers.

    I also found out that I am 40% left brained and 60% right brained! That makes sense in my opinion and goes well with my personality type. I was surprised because I'm more left brained than I would have expected, but while I am more artistically, emotionally and instinctively inclined, I also see the rational side to most things, usually in order to make counterarguments to my own ideas and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had to take this test a few times before I finally got the result that I felt truly embodied my personality. At first I got ESTP-T (The Entrepreneur), which surprised me because my two middle letters were the ones that changed. However, reading about that personality type, I felt that a few things just did not accurately describe me. So I took the test another time and got ESFP-T (The Entertainer), which I knew was definitely not right. I took the test a final time, carefully reading each question and being very decisive on what I would truly be like in each situation, and I got ENFP-T (The Campaigner), which is the same thing I got last year. After reading the description I feel this personality type truly does embody me, and I was satisfied that I had done the test correctly this time. I definitely know that I rely a lot on my feelings in making decisions, and I am a very turbulent personality type, so at times my emotions can feel extremely unstable or I can feel a wide variety of them in a short period of time, but surprisingly my percentage of feeling was only 63%, whereas my turbulence was 85%.

    For the brain test, I got 60% left brain, 40% right brain, which is interesting to me that they are so close to being 50/50. However, I know I enjoy a good level of organization, but also like to be comfortable and use a lot of emotion and imagination. I feel like I should be more right brained though because at times I feel as though my emotions overpower my rational side. After some deeper thought, I understand how I can be so close to the middle of using each side equally.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got ENTJ-T, the Commander, for my personality type. Last year when I did this I got INTJ-T which made me happy as I have challenged myself this last year to become more outgoing in my actions. However, the Commander is portrayed as someone insensitive to other's feeling and, as I am a turbulent personality, that is not the case. I have the ability to sympathize with someone and base my actions around the effects it will have on others. The one thing I have trouble doing is comforting someone. I do not have that ability as I typically respond to problems with facts and logic rather than a comforting way. I was quite close in my introverted and extroverted traits so it is balancing between the two. I also find it funny that I am a turbulent leader. That definitely explains the constant conflict I have in social situations. At first I found this to be surprising and quite inaccurate but the more I think about it the more it seems to fit.
    For my brain test I got 53% left brain 47% right brain. This again is not surprising at all. I constantly lean towards creativity and dreaming, but I am always pulled back to reality by logic. I sometimes wish to be an actress but two days later I realize that it is an unstable career and that I would still need a backup plan if I did. I need stability in my life and I can only get that from logic. I constantly search for that happy medium. Also, I find it intriguing that my mom leans heavily on her right brain and my dad his left. By ending up pretty much dead center it shows how greatly impacted I am by both of my parents. I think I have always known I used both but by proving I lean to the left I realize that going with the logical choice in most situations is easiest for me. Though, again, finding a happy medium is the best choice, though a hard one to find, for me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Also, I was 49% Sensing and 51% Intuitive which I think portrays the constant bouncing back and forth between my left and right brain. I just thought that was an interesting fact :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. (ISTJ-T) This doesn't seem like much of a surprise to me because I am not very extroverted just only when i'm with my friends and I use my thinking more then feelings, and would rather be more organized then creatively messy. I like to have more of a game plan and not just be surprised in what i'm doing. I am left brain dominant which is also no surprise because I like to be organized and very on time and have things go the way I want them to in the sense of the way I plan things out. Also I like to make rather rational decisions rather then using my emotions to control what I do.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I, as I have gotten for the past 3 times I've taken it, am an ENFP-T. I love people (which I have always discovered since I couldn't stand home schooling sometimes), and being a turbulent type really makes sense as I also tend to hate or need to be away from people at times. I just shift constantly on everything, it's what I'm used to, but I seem to constantly come back to the same kind of mood and person (I also can't keep anything clean or organized lol). I am 60% Right Brain and 40% Left Brain, which also makes sense with my intense love for the arts and dreams and imagination. But I do try to use logic and that kind of mindset occasionally, too, which also helps considering I tend to do well in and with school if I need to. I just don't always want to(:P), I'm strong minded in what I want.. Or am I? Although the left and right brain test stumped me a lot because I liked both ideas given to me. XD

    ReplyDelete
  20. I got INFP-T. This isn't too much of a surprise to me because I am personally very calm and reserved. I do really care about other people's feelings and i am a very introverted person.I do have a very broad imagination and like to be creative. I also get stressed out in certain situations and is self aware. I can also be extremely expressive through my emotions when i want to be.

    My brain test results were 54% right brained and 46% left brained. This too didn't really surprise me that much either because i have a wide imagination and like to look at the artistic/musical types of things and have a wide range of emotions and is very creative when needed to be.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My brain test results were 57% left brained and 43% right brained. This didn't surprise me too much because I like math and science over art and music. I have a more orderly fashion than I do imagination.

    My other test result...personality I guess you could call it was INTP-T or Logician. This makes sense to me because I like to figure things out. What surprised me is that this personality type is 3% of the whole population. I went into further investigation and clicked read more and there are so many things I don't think about but now that I read it, I realize it. For example, a weakness a logician has is insensitivity.. I, for one, have that because I simply don't care I say the truth and I'm sorry that it hurts. However, I kept reading and happened to cross friendships.. It says not to make friends super easily but I make friends with a snap of the fingers but then again another person could breathe the wrong way and I already don't like them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am INFP -A/-T. I wasn't really surprised by my results because I knew that I'm more reserved and quiet in loud environments. I like to see the good in everything that is considered bad. I like to think a lot, about all sorts of topics. I'm considerate of my friends and family before I think of myself, making sure they're ok. One thing I would like to work on is being more outgoing and share my opinions of topics more. I would also like to work on not caring about what other people think about me.
    I am more right brain. which is surprising because I always thought I was left brained. But I can see why I'm right brained because all the characteristics listed represent my personality. For instance, I have a lot of emotion and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My results were mostly not what I expected. I am eighty-four percent introverted, which was expected because I prefer to listen to people and watch situations than to jump into them. The sixty-four percent intuitive surprised me, as I prefer not to rush things at the last minute. The fifty-four percent thinking was expected because I am rarely ruled by emotion. I am not sure what to think about the seventy-four percent judging, as I like to plan things out when I work. The fifty-two percent turbulent was unexpected, as I am normally in control of myself. My result was INTJ-T.
    My result for the brain test is left-brained, which is very surprising since I am awful at math and vastly prefer art.

    ReplyDelete
  24. My personality type is ENTP-T. Samuel Langhorne Clemens "Mark Twain", Tom Hanks, Thomas Edison, and Céline Dion are just a few of some famous ENTP-T people.

    I am 79% extroverted, which I believe is very true because I am a very direct and "face-to-face" person. The website also stated that I am the "Debater", which I also think is true because many people have said I should be a lawyer, defense or district attorney. When I took the left/right brain test, I was astonished to find out I am directly split down the middle; 50% left brain and 50% right brain. I always thought that I was more right brain than left.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, my name's Jared Barbee. And I'm an ISFJ - T. I had a feeling that I was going to get this because this is what I got the last time I took the test, and I don't think I've really changed. This is just the way I've always been.

    For the left-right brained quiz, I got a 50/50 split. This was surprising to me, and I still don't think it's true, because I feel I'm more creative, imaginative and musically inclined than I am rational, analytical and mathy. My favorite subjects in school are Language and Literature and Company, not Math and Science. So this one, I'm still a little skeptical about...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is weird about the 50/50 split. I would have totally guessed you would have a dominating right side by a large margin. Maybe it's due to the way you make decisions?

      Delete
  26. I am INFJ-A. This was the same result that I got the last time I took the test and therefore, there was no surprise. It usually is a surprise to others as I seem more extroverted to others than introverted. The reason I am able to be so extroverted at school is due to that I spend the majority of my time alone at home, giving me the rest I need for every day. In regards to my brain, I am left brained (63% and there for left brain is 37%). I've always seen myself as analytical more so than instinctual and creative, thus I was not surprised there either.

    ReplyDelete
  27. After completing the personality test, I wasn't surprised I received the letters ENFJ-A. I tend to follow my intuition in everything I accomplish, which follows with the analysis on "The Protagonist". I evaluated my personality the past two years while in the theater program, which it continues to stay the same. I noticed that it specifically says that protagonist's can become TOO attached to an idea or concept, which I find very true. They are also known to be confident and caring people, and known to be natural leaders (and to come up with creative ideas).
    For the quiz about the dominant use in my brain, it is a majority right brained, with a ratio of 60% to 40%. A "right-brained" human is stereotypically known to have a more artistic and creative mind than logical. I believe this test was completely accurate as well, but I thought I would have been more right-brained than I was. Since my personality test was based off of being a leader, I figured it was required to have a fair amount to creativity.
    After completing these two assignments, I realized the importance of identifying who you are and how you learn. Doing these tests will determine the true way of coping from situations and learning from the world.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am an INFJ-A. This was not a surprise to me at all. I know that after I have spent some time with people that I need to be by myself to recharge my social battery. I am on the border between introverted and extroverted, which also doesn't surprise me, but I do need that recharge time after I am done socializing. I am more intuitive than observant by a wide margin(67% vs 33%). I do believe this to be true about my personality. I am a very emotional person so I expected to be more feeling than thinking. I am 89% judging vs 11% prospecting. I am a very critical person so to me this makes sense. For the assertive part of my personality I believe this to be true in some cases. Sometimes I'm more of an on-the-whim person, but with specific things like school, I am definitely assertive. I believe that I was an INFJ-A last year as well, but two or three years ago my personality would have been way different and it's interesting to see how I have and haven't changed.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My personality type is ESTJ-T, the executive. After reading the personality descriptive, I wasn't surprised at all that that was supposed to be me. I'm always the one to take charge and I know a fault of mine is being bossy, which really comes to shine during group projects (any students reading probably know this already- sorry!). However, it was interesting to see how much of one thing I got. The introvert/extrovert percentages were almost 50/50, which again wasn't a huge surprise since I would describe myself as a very loud, social introvert, if that is even a thing. I like to be around people I am comfortable with and am such a loud person, but I find peace in being alone. But I always feel like I'm missing out when my friends hang out without me, so I like to socialize to not miss anything? I also was 96% turbulent and only 6% assertive, which was a big surprise to me because I thought I was a very confident and self assured person. I also think this part clashes with "The Executive" personality type, but I guess someone can be a leader but insecure on the inside. At the same time, this actually should have been predictable for me because I am such a perfectionist that MELTS under pressure. For the other test, I tested to be more left than right brained. I guessed that I would test to be more left sided, so again, this wasn't a surprised. I wouldn't really considered myself creative, but I'm not the "math" part of the left side of the brain, just the planning and analytical part, if that is acceptable to say. Overall, there wasn't any real surprises that these test revealed to me. That must mean I know myself pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am a ENFJ-A is I totally expected this. I get so energetic around people and I am an organized person, if you come into my room you would be able to tell. I was not surprised by my results. What I was surprised by was the that I was a left brain, when I read the description for left and right I totally thought I was going to be a right because I feel like i'm creative and all about emotion and art and left brain is so logical and math was in the description like what!! I hate math and I suck at it, I feel like i'm the complete opposite in that way anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  31. After taking the personality test, I got ISTJ-T, which came as no surprise. I had taken the test before and gotten the same results, so this category seems to fit me pretty well. After reading into the ISTJ or "Logistician" profile, I saw some things that connected and applied to me without a doubt. It said that people in this category tend to keep their opinions to themselves, which describes me perfectly. Even if I think that I know the answer or have something to add, I usually won't share it and instead will listen to what others have to say and absorb the information. Another thing was that it said people in this category tend to relay information and expect people to grasp it right away and act upon it. This applies to me very well, and it's part of the reason that I think I make a horrible teacher. If the person doesn't grasp it quickly with the way I explained it and understand it, I lose patience. I also took the left brain-right brain test and got that I was left brain dominant with about a 70-30 split. This also didn't really come as a surprise to me, but it was interesting to see the split percentages.

    ReplyDelete
  32. After taking the personality test, my results were calculated as 70% extraverted, 59% observant, 59% thinking, and 53% prospecting. I was not suprised with the results I recieved because I interact well with others, my mental energy is usually 50/50, I usually think before I act depending on the situation, and my work is usually well thought and planned out. I am 53% left brained which is almost half and half. I think I am symbolic and have order although i also like having an imagination and emotions. This helped me realize a little more of who I am and thankyou for having us experience this.

    ReplyDelete
  33. After taking the personality test my results showed that I am ISFP-T, or an Adventurer. Honestly I'm not surprised by my results because I am pretty reserved and quite, yet this depends on the people I am around. I am an introvert and re-energize when I am alone unless I am with close friends, they can definitely help bring up my energy level up. I am also a very sensitive person and care about others feelings, I always think of what has happened rather than thinking of what is going to happen and this can sometimes be a negative thing because if I've messed up something before and I have to do it again I tend to think of what has happened before rather then thinking of what could happen. When I am under too much stress or pressure I do get very emotional and sensitive.

    ReplyDelete
  34. My test score was a ESFP-A an entertainer. I was not surprised by these results. Especially when it came it my energy it came as observant and I've noticed that I'am a very observant guy. My brain scores were 53% left and 47%. This really surprised me because I'am not a big fan of Math and I like order but not always, but it made sense that it was a close percentage.

    ReplyDelete
  35. - For my Personality Test I got, Defender (ISFJ-A)
    - For my Brain Test I got, Left-Right Balanced

    I wasn't surprised by the results from the Personality Test mainly because I know that I'm generally a shy and closed person. As for the Brain Test, I didn't know what to expect but I was surprised with the equal 50/50 I got mainly because I don't see myself as a Math person even though it is 50/50.

    ReplyDelete
  36. -I got ESTJ-A (Executive) on my personality test.
    -I got Left brained inclines: analytic.

    I was not surprised by my results at all, I am completely extrovert and more rational than emotional. I love music and art but I tend to be better at math and being organized and logical over creative and imaginative. I don't really like math but it does come easy to me for some reason, while being creative is a little more difficult than calculating numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  37. My personality test results were adventurer ISFP-T. Nothing surprised me about my personality except that it identified me as an adventurer.I use mostly right side of my brain, it was 46% left and 54% right and identified me as creative. Which I goes with my adventurous personality.

    ReplyDelete
  38. My personality type is INFP - T, the Mediator. Over the past few years, I have taken this test a few different times and every time I take it, my type changes. The only constant variable that remains is I, which comes as no suprise to me because I am a complete introvert. It also wasn't very surprising that my type changed once again, as I've definetly been maturing a ton in the past few years. What I found most suprising was being a Perceiver. While I'm not a completely organized person, I am more-so than not. This is one variable that always used to be J. However, when I read the description for my type, I was shocked at how accurate most of it was. I was also really excited when it mentioned I share the same personality type as William Shakespeare and one of my favorite fictional characters.
    For the left or right brained test, I got 50/50. This doesn't suprise me because I know I am both artistic and logical, usually depending on my mood.

    ReplyDelete
  39. From the test i got INFP-T, the Mediator. This actually didn’t surprise me, really i’ve taken test like this and i’ve gotten very similar answers, and i kinda just see it in me. I think it’s really interesting and i think i’m okay with the results i’ve gotten. As for the brain exercise, it turns out that i’m ‘Right Brain Inclined’ . So that’s interesting but after seeing what the right is associated with, once again i am not surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I got ENTP-A, the debater, I guess i'm not surprised from this,it says i'm uncompromisingly honest and i'll argue for something I don't actually believe. To be honest I find this all true, no crazy stunning results. For the left brain right brain test, I got the 50/50 result which is really cool I guess.

    ReplyDelete

  41. My personality type is ISFJ-T the defender, which didn’t really surprise me. After reading the description on my personality I was shocked about how accurate the description was. It has been known throughout my life so far that I’m an introvert and that I like to keep to myself and i’ve always felt a sense of guilt because I don’t necessarily love social situations or being around tons of people. After reading the blog however, I was able to understand that it has a lot to do with whether one thrives and gains energy from social situations or one grows tired and drained. I was a little surprised about how much the test said that I feel and how strong my emotions are. I am sensitive and very prone to the feelings of those around me, and I often worry about how my decisions may affect others, but apparently those feelings are a lot stronger than I realized. This comes with both positives and negatives. While I am able to listen to and understand the feelings of those around me and try to protect them, I also often take things too personally due to my sensitivity and can often times repress my own feelings. I also took the brain test and I am 56% left brain and 44% right brain, which kind of surprised me due to my hate for numbers and math, but both percentages were close to 50% which makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  42. I my test score was INFP-T, a mediator. My role is mediator and my strategy is people mastery. This wasn't very surprising, especially after reading the description. I do look for the good in everyone, and I am guided by my principles more than anything else. The people-mastery strategy was also spot on, I try to keep everyone around me as happy as possible, and I listen really intently to try to get to know and understand a person to the greatest of my ability. The tough part in all of that is finding the balance between making everyone happy, but still staying true to myself. It's easy to want to conform to someone's needs too much, losing who I am in the process. It helps though that I'm guided so much so so by my principles though, because I think that helps me keep, my ground. I was also right brained (57% to 43%), which came as no surprise. I love to write, I just like to make things. The surprising thing though, is seeing how I've changed over time. When I was younger, Math and Science were definitely my go-to subjects, but as I've gotten older, I've shifted to the other side of the spectrum. Just food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  43. My personality type is ISFJ-T, which is not a surprise to me as I have taken the quiz several times before and have gotten the same thing. However I was expecting to have different results this time around because I have taken the quiz originally so long ago, and since then I feel that I have changed in terms of being more of an E than I, but after taking the quiz again (and still getting ISFJ-T), it made me realize that that could be due to me becoming more mature and comfortable with myself, rather than a change in personality. More recently, I don't mind being around people and social situations and sometimes I prefer it way more, but as I was reading the strengths and weaknesses of ISFJ, one weakness was being shy and humble. Which I completely agree with, and realizing it helped me understand why I am still more introverted. I also got the results of being 56% left brained and 44% right brain, which is not much of a surprise, because although I do enjoy/prefer more "artsy" things, and I may present myself in that way, I do not think that way, as I am more of a analytical and rational person in general.

    ReplyDelete
  44. I have taken this personality test before, I took it the beginning of my sophomore year and I was the same both times; INFP-T the mediator. To my surprise, both times, I am in the 60s for intuitive in energy, and this may be that I don't fully understand what this means but I feel that I am more observant because I am able to discern when others are feeling down and I can sense the energy of the room easier than most. I have always been really introverted and I was happy to see that the percentage changed from 67% to 59% because I have been wanting to be more open around people. However, I’ve realized that being more open makes the exception for me to be a chameleon. Being a chameleon does not mean that one is fake or two faced but they are able to find the characteristics of themselves and rely on those experiences in order to hangout with multiple groups of people. I have always thought more with my heart than my head and I cry about everything so it was no surprise that I received an 83% on feeling, it increased by 3% from the last time I took this test. I am not structural and strictly organized, however I love a schedule. I feel that being more prospecting embodies my character very well because I don’t like to feel tied down or limited. I tend to be driven by my emotions and this usually leads to my success, if I need something done I am fully committed and I get it done but I’m not afraid to do less if needed. In weight lifting it’s always great to be able to lift more weight however, if it’s too much work on less until you get to your goal.

    For the brain test, my result was left right balance. This was surprising to many people that I told but I didn’t find it that surprising. My top four traits are rational, symbolic, imaginative and music. I feel that the test was accurate except it said I was okay at math, crazy! I am very rational in my decisions and I stick them though and I am fairly imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  45. My personality results were INFP-T. I was not really surprised by my results. I know I do not do well with math or factual papers, I'm well aware those are my weaknesses. I have always been interested in artistic activities (painting,writing). in the blog there was that image of a woman(introvert) and a man(extrovert). The man's last thought bubble says he has to keep himself busy because he gets bored easily, which I realized is completely true to me. I often get side tracked from one of the millions of ideas stored up in my head.

    However, the test that determines which side of the brain I am dominant on gave me surprising results. My results were a 50-50. It told me I am "left right balanced", which confused me at first because it was supposed to tell me which side was dominant... not if my brain was working all together. I was trying to think of how this left right balance thing was emitted into my life, a proof that the test was not some buzzfeed knock off. After thinking, I have noticed in my day to day life I am often confronted by many different people. Often, people stick with one "type" or group of people who have common personalities. However, I share my time with all types of people. I do not have a group of people who I hang out with and I easily get along with people. Maybe my way of thinking allows me to dip my toe in each pool of people.

    ReplyDelete
  46. I took this test in 9th grade and felt those results were more accurate to me now than the answers that I got this time I took the test. Last time I took the test my results told me I was an EFNP-T, which is a person who is curious, energetic, excellent communicators and know how to relax. This time around I got ENTJ-T which is someone who is extremely confidant and energetic, which I feel is very inaccurate. They are also arrogant, impatient and cold and ruthless. I feel like this just isn't me as I don't consider myself to ruthless and arrogant, I consider myself to be a very kind and understanding person that is humble most of the time. I also have a lot of patience in everything I do. In the percentage portion of the test, my current results were fairly balanced excluding turbulence which was at 71%. When looking at my past results I felt like they were more true to who I am. The current test I felt portrayed me as negative and grumpy while being super analytical and my past test portrayed me in a more creative and relaxed tone, which I feel is more true to me.

    The brain test I also felt portrayed me accurately as I was right brain dominant by 5%. I was intrigued in the fact that I wasn't more right brain justified as I consider myself wayyyy more creative than I do analytical.

    ReplyDelete
  47. I've taken the personality test a few different times at different times in my life and been classed as INFP-T every time, so it was no surprise to me that I got the same this time! The test says, "Mediator personalities are true idealists, always looking for the hint of good in even the worst of people and events, searching for ways to make things better," and that's something that relates to me extremely, as I'm always trying to find the positive outlook of even the worst situations because I like to believe there's always SOMETHING good in everything. As for the left brain/right brain test, I am left right balanced (both the left and right showed 50%), which was surprising to me. I would've thought that the creative/artistic side would've been more dominant than the analytical side, as I seem to excel more in areas such as music and art than I do in math, for example.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I remember taking this personality quiz in Mr. Bate's class freshmen year. I remember that i had gotten a campaigner and when I took the test again today, I had gotten the same exact result as I did in 9th grade. I was classified under ENFP-T. Although some of the percentages were different throughout, it was still very close results. I know I can be quiet, but once I get to know someone or I feel comfortable in my environment, I go all out and I love being surrounded by people and making people happy and laugh. The energy just bounces around everywhere and I can feel it when I'm surrounded by people I can go plenty crazy on. With the left or right brain test, I had gotten more of a right brain. But it was almost split in-between with a 43% left brain and 57% right brain. This, I feel like I could be both because I do feel like I can be on more of the creative and spontaneous side most times, but a lot of times, I can be very logical and think objectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throughout my whole results for the personality test, I was really one sided. I did have some percentage towards the alternate side, but it was evident which one I was most like. SO it was kind of surprising to see that I was almost split in-between with the "left or right brain" test.

      Delete
  49. I received ISFP-T which didn't surprised me. My mood can change very easy through out the day. I do take the time to plan things out in hopes that everything turns out well. It also turns out that I was spilt to 53%of my left brain and 47% of my right.

    ReplyDelete
  50. My test showed that I am an ESFP-T. None of this was very surprising to me as I read through what everything meant. When I got my results it said that I was an entertainer, which everyone around me agreed with. I was definitely expecting to get an extrovert so this result did not surprise me at all.

    ReplyDelete
  51. The results from my personality test said that I am ENTP-T and that I am left brained. This did not surprise me because I am a very social, argumentative, and analytical. However, when I took the same test Freshman year I was an ENFP, so my personality has not changed very much.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Last time I was INFP-T (mediator) and this time I feel like I'm more of a mediator than I was before. I am once again INFP-T, however the results feel as if they increased, for example, I was an introvert but not I'm a major introvert... this goes with all. I'm more intuitive, have more feeling, I'm prospecting, and lastly I'm more turbulent. I thought that I was going to change at least a letter but turns out I became more of a mediator...nice.
    For the next test I was and am right brain inclined (memory). Honestly not surprised, on that side there is the creative, art, music aspect which basically what describes me as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I found out that I was Right brain inclined, with a focus on imagination and creativity. This doesn't really surprise me, as with my music, that is something that I draw upon frequently. I couldn't find the place on the page where it gave me some INPT-F type classification, but the chart said that I was 57% right brain inclined, and 43% left. I have taken some tests like this before, but I don't really remember the results; I can infer that they were similar to now, as I do not really think I have changed as a person in the past few years.

    ReplyDelete
  54. My personality profile from this test was INFJ-A. Reading up on this type of personality, it did not surprise me as much getting this combination because it is centered around wanting to help others, which is something I really like try and focus on. What was a little more surprising about my results was me being more assertive than turbulent. I never really considered myself to be very assertive, rather I am more quiet in a way. Other than that, I was not surprised by my results and I understood why I was given the results I was given.
    After taking the right vs. left brained test, I was told that I was more left-brained. This was a bit surprising because it is the more analytical, rational of the brain, and I always thought I was more creative. However it was informative in a way which I thought gave me a new perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  55. my results were ENFP-T
    I'm not surprised about my extrovert result because I'm a very outgoing and social. But my score for everything else was pretty even I might have just favored one side a bit more that the other. I feel as if I'm a pretty balanced person so I'm surprised about that. I never looked into the right and left brain theory so I didn't know what to expect. My results were that I'm left and right balanced Which matches with the rest of my pretty balanced results

    ReplyDelete
  56. My personality profile results were different from last years. This time I got ISTJ-T, the Logistician, when usually I get the INTJ-T personality, the Architect. I'm surprised by the change in results because when I read the overview it didn't seem to describe me at all. I don't feel that much of a shift from me being more novelty in my thinking to being more pragmatic, so it could've just been a result of inaccurate answering of the questions. I think I'll stick with my INTJ-T results as that is what seems to describe me the best.
    As for the left vs right brain test, I ended up being 80% left brain and 20% right brain. This wasn't much of a surprise at all, and it was interesting to see the overlaps in the types of questions they ask compared to the personality test. It was also cool to see how the traits that describe a majority left-brained person correlate with my personality results, probably because the brain is what originates your psychology and the way you think through its structure and neural connections.

    ReplyDelete
  57. I am, and always have been since 9th grade, an INTJ-T. I am definitely not surprised by my results, because while my outward personality might have changed a little, I know that the core of who I am has not. Is that a bad thing? I don't know. But I know that I am steadfast in what I believe and what I do, and that is a characteristic of mine I'm proud to have.
    Being introverted is not a surprise to me--that's a given. Being intuitive is not a surprise either, because while I'm pragmatic and realistic, I will often challenge the status quo and not just accept things the way they are. Third, being a thinker is something that's always been natural to me; I'm not too emotionally expressive and prefer to suppress my emotion with logical thought/reasoning. Pen-ultimately, I am definitely a judgement type because I don't like spontaneity (as you can probably tell from how I do presentations), and I like structure. Lastly, I know I have a turbulent personality because I am hyper-analytical of socialization and thus become self-conscious of my own social interactions with others. Additionally, I tend to be perpetually anxious and stressed about pretty much anything.
    Regarding the left-right brain test, I discovered that I am more left-brained (rational side), but only slightly with a 56% predilection. I believe that while I am obviously a very logical and rational person, I am 46% right-brained because I have always been inclined towards music and art and they are also passions of mine.
    Overall, I was not very surprised by my results because being so analytical, I can naturally analyze myself and know myself pretty well.

    ReplyDelete
  58. After the completion of the quiz, I got ESTJ-T, the executive, which was rather surprising to me. Then after some more thorough thinking, I realized that this is an accurate representation of my personality. I am comfortable in the classroom, and I am not afraid to speak in front of people. I have serious control issues and I have to have some sort of power in every situation, even if it's my choice to have no power. I really enjoy my alone time though, and I need it in order to keep me on the right track. I can be an introvert, like my dad, but a complete extrovert like my mom, all depending on the situation, and when I determine how i will act.

    ReplyDelete
  59. I got ENFP-A. I wasn't too surprised by this. I can't argue the first trait at all as I would consider myself to be an extrovert and other people would definitely describe me the same. I would also agree with the judgement of intuitive over observant. I would have to disagree with the feeling over thinking because I would say I make most of my decisions through thinking rather than basing it off of my feelings. I would agree with this test for the most part but it was cool to see this and reflect on myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same as all three of my kids! :) Were you right or left brained?

      Delete
  60. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  61. My personality type was INFP-T which did not surprise me, but my personality type changes almost every time I take this test. The first and last trait usually stay the same as Introverted and Turbulent, but the three middle characteristics usually vary. As for the left or right brain test, I learned that I was 60% right-brained and 40% left-brained. I was a bit surprised that I wasn't more right brain inclined because I'm a very artistic person, but I do feel as if I'm also a very analytical person so I can see where the percentages are coming from.

    ReplyDelete
  62. My personality type was "ESFJ-T," otherwise known as the "Consul." I was surprised to have seen that I fit into this category. I am not as outgoing and bold as it portrayed me to have been. I do, however, categorize myself as loyal, and organized. It was fascinating to hear that about 10% of the world categorizes as an "ESFJ-T." I partially disagree with the "feeling" criteria that it puts me under: "They tend to think more about the personal impact of a decision rather than considering objective criteria." I'd say I'm a pretty rational person, tending to look at things without any emotional biases part of the time.

    I am 66% left brain, meaning I am more logically inclined. Unfortunately, where I am strong in critical thing, I lack in memorization and creativity, two essential factors that I will need to strengthen to succeed in my scholastic career.

    ReplyDelete
  63. My personality type is ENFJ-T. Firstly, I was pleased to see that I have an extraverted personality (E). That is how I like to appeal to people and I would much rather be fun and interactive than shy and preserved. For N, I was pretty much 50/50 between intuitive and observant, which I wasn't too surprised by. Next, however, I was surprised that I rely more on feeling than thinking to make decisions (F). I feel the opposite, that I rely on facts and evidence to make decisions rather than making decisions on a whim merely based on my emotions. I feel like this may have been an error or inaccuracy in the personality test. Looking over these specifics and more closely at my overall personality, the "protagonist", I was very pleased to see that I could be identified as a "natural-born leader full of passion and charisma". I was quite surprised by this considering I do not like taking the lead on most things, nor do I often feel qualified to do so. Again, I feel this may have been an inaccuracy in the test and that every time I take it I seem to get something slightly different. Also, I took the left/right brain test and learned that I am 73% left-brained, meaning that I am analytical, rational, objective, etc. which is what I expected to get. I am a person who looks at and appreciates logic and reason to acquire knowledge and come to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  64. EITP-A
    The results did not surprise me, aside from how it said I was extroverted instead of introverted. When I am with people I do not know too well, I tend to be very quite and observe. So it did come as a bit of a shock.

    I'm 60% right and 40% left brain. Which doesn't surprise me too much. While I rely on instinct and my feels a lot, I also use my rational side all the time. I feel that while instincts are extremely important, so is thinking logically. The use of both is what made humans what they are today and I'm happy that I can exemplify that.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Devlyn, is that second letter an N or an S? I is not an option.

    ReplyDelete
  66. After taking the personality type test, I got ENTP-T. I was not very surprised by this result as I am very extroverted as well as not super confident in my actions, hence the T. I usually have to think about things a lot before I do them. Although I improvise many things I take into account other people's emotions. Even though I received thinking over feeling, I was only barely over the line of thinker which doesn't really surprise me very much. I think this is a very accurate depiction of me as a person. As far as the right/left brain test I received more right brained than left brain but the ratio was 46/54. This does not surprise me very much as I am both logically and artistically inclined. Although I usually have a very easy time in school and excel at subjects such as math and science I can also play two instruments and I like to draw. I'm not entirely sure if it has anything to do with it but I heard that whether you're right or left handed has some tell into whether you're right or left brained and being ambidextrous these results do not really surprise me very much.

    ReplyDelete
  67. My personality type that I got was ENFP-T (The Campaigner), which was no surprise because I always receive the same result every time I take this test. I believe that it hits the bulls-eye whenever it comes to describing my personality because I am quite extroverted and I'm more of a feeling person than thinking, for sure. I also agree with the last letter T believing that I tend to be a bit more prone to stress and I do find myself to be more of a perfectionist although I'm not always a try-hard.

    Whenever it came to the left or right brain test, I was actually surprised that I happened to be more left brained by 6% than right brained. Especially considering that I don't consider myself a very mathematical person but I suppose I'm more rational and objective so it makes sense. Either way, both parts of my brain are pretty close with each other considering that it's only a 6% difference between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  68. i find it intresting that we try to put people in to groups with certain personalities. I got campaigner for my personality but there is people that got the same result who are very different from me . its also very intresting how we as humans are a social creature yet we still can be introverts and be perfectly fine with never talking to anyone. Or how we can be extroverts yet just rather not waste our time talking to most people who we find meaning less. i am more of a right brained person. yet people who do the same things as me and have the same personality we still might not get along ? why is that ? is it because maybe
    Opposites Attract?

    ReplyDelete
  69. I was an INFP-T which for me wasn't much of a surprise. I have always found myself to be very idealistic and much of a dreamer. I find it hard to stay completely practically and much of my actions are controlled through emotions rather than logic. Although a few of the things that did surprise me was the hardworking aspect of it. I often find myself when work does come up, needing breaks when do it and I don't usually just power through all of my work. Although it is different when it involves something I really love then I often find myself becoming consumed by it.

    ReplyDelete
  70. I was ENPF, -A/-T. This came to quite a shock due to me quiet behavior at least around acquaintances. Although it came as no shock to me that I was independent, energetic, and compassionate. I find that I care in situations where I shouldn't yet what was fascinating to me was that my personality is only 7% of the population. The website had said that we look at life as a large puzzle exploring it with emotions, compassion, and trying to find the "deeper meaning". As I kept reading I found I related to the text more. The texts mentions us as very friendly, imaginative, and free spirited, yet, very sensitive by occasion due to naturally being followed by emotion. It's interesting that we can be profiled into a categories by asking simple questions. And although I agree largely to the Campaigners way of thinking. I'm still quite analytical and practical when necessary. Yet, I'm quite interested in whom I am and hope to learn more within the future.

    ReplyDelete
  71. I was an ENFP T(urbulent), which is no surprise as I have tested as that every year since the seventh grade and can see it coming as I take the test. I was however surprised to find that I am considered to be more left brained. I've always been one to make snap judgements based off emotions and prefer what I want over what it is that is likely practical. It's surprising that personality test labels me as a more emotionally charged person and the brain test labels me as an analytical person. If anything this makes me question the validity of these tests.

    ReplyDelete
  72. I am an INFP-T. This isn't a surprise to me since I've taken this quiz a couple of times before and had gotten the same personality type. When I was taking the quiz I was sure some of my answers were different than what I had previously so I was surprised that my answers didn't change my personality type whatsoever.
    I am 64% right brain inclined- Imagination. The listing of words in order that I got were Imagination, Music, Memory, Creative, Instinct, Emotion, and Art. For left brain inclined I had 36% with (in order) Rational, Symbolic, Order, Digital, Math, Analytic, and Objective. I've always thought of myself as more imaginative and creative than mathematical and analytic.

    ReplyDelete
  73. I am an ENTP-T most of which was not a surprise however I would like to think that I am fairly resistant to stress but can see how when things become overwhelming instead of dealing with them I ignore them and procrastinate instead of dealing with the issue. Most of my results were close to what I expected considering that I think of myself as a pretty confident extrovert which the results showed. My right vs left brain results were fairly split but I ended up being more right brain and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  74. It is interesting to see how personality can change. This year my personality is Mediator (INFP-T) and last year was weirdly a Leader. I guess maybe the way you perceive yourself because the answer is based on you or maybe the mood change your characteristics. So this was surprising to see,Introverted 56%, likes to be alone but not always. Intuitive 53%, usually uses reason but balanced. Feeling 61%, mostly use feeling to judge what the right or wrong decision. Prospecting 61%, an individual will always be able to come up with something better to do. Turbulent 69%, unstable and not controlled or calm, varies. This is true and its kinda scary to see the unstability on the way i function. I although I act unstable and little unorganize. Its kinda harsh to see this... I honestly would want to pursue and structure. It seems to me recently Ive been living on short bursts of tring to feel happy. Which is not good academically.

    ReplyDelete
  75. My personality type was INFP-T, and I got the result of being 53% left brain and 47% right brain, which is pretty close to being 50/50. Starting with the personality type, I am a pretty mild INFP-T, compared to one of my friend's I have seen; Trinity Bohnstedt's. However, I feel that my description is accurate, as I am definitely more so an introvert rather than an extrovert, but I am okay with having to be outgoing if there is no other option. The percentages I received were 66% introverted, 62% intuitive, 66% feeling, 60% prospecting, and 79% turbulent, which I definitely feel is an active description of my personality overall. On the other side, the brain quiz did shock me as I did think that I would be close to even on both sides, but I thought my results would be tilted more so to the right side of my brain than the left. Yet, after reading the descriptive words the quiz gave me in order of most accurate to 'least, but still semi relevant', I would definitely have to agree with the left sided words such as "symbolic, analytical, objective, rational, math, and digital", and the right sided words like "music, art, instinct, memory, imagination, emotion, and creative".

    ReplyDelete
  76. My personality type was ESRP-T. For my left vs right side of my brain, I used 56% of the left side of my brain and 44% of the right side. The brain test told me I was more inclined to Symbolic things, this came as a surprise to me. This is because most people tend to tell me I'm more creative and spontaneous. Although, looking back on this, I tend to be more creative (right side) when I'm surrounded by others, versus more left sided when I am by myself.

    ReplyDelete
  77. I got an INFP-TTaking the personality test, I discovered that I am an INFP-T, or the Mediator. I wasn’t all too surprised with these results, seeing as the last time I’d taken thi test I got something very similar, if not the same, to this. I feel that this personality type suits me, especially in the strengths and weaknesses section (one that hit close to home being the ‘Too Altruistic’, in which it said “Mediators sometimes see themselves as selfish, but only because they want to give so much more than they are able to”). Alongside these results, for the left and right brained test I got 48% left brained and 52% right brained. I’m surprised at how highly left brained I am, seeing as it seems to be most strongly associated with math and other related more ‘strict’ things.

    ReplyDelete