Last year, we made a list of our favorite things--twenty five favorites, to be exact. This year, we will be a bit more detailed by answering to a specific list of favorites, beginning with those that relate to the holidays (my favorite time of year!)
Think of this post as yet another way to approach the so-called "New Year's Resolutions," which I personally detest because they usually focus on what we want to change about ourselves. Not that I believe there is anything wrong with change, especially if it leads to true, positive character enhancement, but it is also important in today's often dark world to focus on the things for which we are grateful; those things that are, to our hearts, most beloved.
So....here we go. Without further ado, it's time to be grateful and enlightened. Here is the list of questions. I have supplied you with my personal answers as an example. You will take the same list and personalize it with your answers for your blog response. I cannot wait to see all the wonderful items that make your list!
2. Favorite holiday song/music: I have always been a fan of old English carols. A few of the top are God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen, What Child is This and Carol of the Bells. It's not Christmas until these tunes permeate my home. :)
3. Favorite holiday tradition: The Caraway Christmas Eve dinner, a traditional, Old English feast of
|Caraway's Triple Chocolate |
|Gwyneth Hope at 4 yrs old|
|Church Street, Surrey, England|
6. Favorite holiday symbol: The nativity, followed by the Christmas tree and real snow!
Moving outside of the holiday realm.....
7. Favorite thing that you own (object, not person): besides my computer, it would have to be my special Romeo and Juliet wine glasses given to me especially by "Romeo's" mother and created by his aunt.
10. Favorite inspirational person, living or dead: Jesus.
12. Favorite friend? It is a tie between the two women I have known the longest (and they still love me!!). Sherri Frost and Pauline Maranian.
14. Favorite author/playwright or both: Easy. C.S. Lewis and William Shakespeare, respectively.
15. Favorite non-holiday song: This changes by the month. Now, it is Hello, by Adele because of her epic voice. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A
16. Favorite sport to watch and favorite sport to play: Baseball, to watch (Come on! I'm a true American!) and ice-skating to participate. I used to be pretty darn good!
17. Favorite pastime: Writing. Followed by traveling and going to the movies.
|Vintage style in Oxford, England|
Another favorite place!
20. Favorite Quote of all time: This changes. Right in this moment, it is: "And now these three things remain: faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is love." (1 Cor. 13:13)
|Cheeses and wines of France|
22. Favorite Season: Winter followed closely by summer
23. Favorite Era - If you had a time machine, you would travel to.... The 1940s or 20s.
24. Favorite Occupation - When you grow up, you hope to be: A famous writer
Now, it's your turn!! Have fun celebrating your favorite things, people, and places!!