Christmas is the best time to do this, for sure, but it is important, as our dear friend Charles Dickens suggests, to keep Christmas alive and well in our hearts, all the year through. As we prepare to say goodbye to 2017, I am renewing the "My Favorite Things" post: an annual activity to make a list of the things that each of us holds most dear--those things we love and cherish in this life.
So, to review for those who have done this before, and to introduce to those who are new to the blog
This was REALLY tougher than I thought to narrow it down to 25 for me (initially, I was afraid I would draw a blank!) but here is what came to mind first for me. Try to just take pen to paper and write what comes to your mind first. These will probably be the most honest. :)
Let's conclude this beautiful Christmas Season, and ring in the New Year with a list of all the things we love...those things for which we are most grateful, shall we?
MRS. CARAWAY'S FAVORITE THINGS...(in no particular order)
1. Cathedral bells
2. Beautiful music - the kind that makes your heart ache.
4. Christmas Eve
5. Shopping and whiskey tasting in Dublin
6. Normandy - the beauty and pain of great sacrifice
7. Paris at twilight
8. Walking on the beach--everything about it.
9. WW2 History. I cannot get enough.
10. Handwritten letters from people you love
11. Word-smithery (The joy of reading it and practicing it - words put together beautifully and powerfully so that you lose all sense of time)
13. Things that sparkle (candlelight, glitter, jewels, etc)
14. Standing on the stage at night after a last rehearsal - anticipation everywhere.
15. The color red
16. Really good French wine
18. The sound of my children laughing together
19. Bubble baths
20. Outrageous shoes
21. Unexpected discoveries in my travels
22. My faith and the mystery of Grace
24. The way it feels outside...right before the snow falls.
25. Heroes - the real kind